The Ublox NEO-6M gps engine on this board is a quite good one, with high precision binary output. It has also high sensitivity for indoor applications. The gps module have a battery for power backup and EEprom for storing configuration settings.
The antenna is connected to module through ufl cable which allow forflexibility in mounting the gps such that the antenna will always see the skyfor best performance. This make it powerful to use with cars and other mobileapplications.
The Ublox gps module has serial TTL output, it has four pins:TX, RX,VCC and GND. You can download the u-center software for configuring the gps andchanging the settings and much more. It is really good software.
- Cold start time of 38 s and Hot start time of 1 s
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V t
- Configurable from 4800 Baud to 115200 Baud rates. (default 9600)
- SuperSense ® Indoor GPS: -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
- 5Hz position update rate
- Operating temperature range: -40 TO 85°C
- UART TTL socket
- EEprom to save configuration settings
- Rechargeable battery for Backup
- Separated 18X18mm GPS antenna